I’m Steven Levithan (slev), a nomad and technophile who’s lived around the world—in Tokyo, Siberia, Addis Ababa, Washington DC, Baghdad, Silicon Valley, Belgrade, and Austin. Here I write mostly about things outside of tech, including my interests in travel, language, cults, science, and more.
Some fun facts:
- I’m learning Japanese and Serbian.
- I previously held Top Secret clearance for the US government.
- I was born into a doomsday cult and left at age 16, then later worked with friends to document their history.
Come read some posts and say hi in the comments, or you can email me at steves_list <@> hotmail.com.
If you’re new here, I’d recommend the following general interest posts to start:
- Karen Zerby Leak: Unmasking a Cult Leader Who’d Remained Faceless for Nearly 30 Years 🕵🏻♂️
- Hyperphantasia & Our Astonishing Multisensory Imagination Spectrum 🧠
- I was at the Epicenter of Travis Scott’s Astroworld Crowd Crush—Here’s My Experience ⚡
- The Shen Yun Cult: A Dance Show’s Hidden Eerie Agenda 💃🏻
- Animal Facts: Earth’s Best Eyesight, Hearing, & Smell 🏅
You can see all posts in the archives.